Arbor Biosciences is seeking an expert in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) to join our targeted sequencing team.
The successful candidate will lead a small group in Research & Development of our targeted sequencing products. Activities include:
- development of targeted sequencing-related products
- experiment parameter and reagents optimization
- evaluation of new targeted NGS technologies
- development of bioinformatic analysis pipelines
The ideal candidate will have planned, executed, and analyzed targeted NGS projects that relied on hybridization capture technology. Experience with RNA-Seq and third-generation sequencing platforms (PacBio, Nanopore) is a plus.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- PhD (or equivalent job experience) involving NGS
- Familiar with nucleic acid hybridization and its common research applications
- Excellent molecular biology conceptual and laboratory fundamentals
- Adept at analyzing NGS data in a Linux environment
- Excellent communication of scientific findings
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated
- Versed in RNA-Seq research questions and techniques
- Familiar with 3rd-generation sequencing technology, e.g., PacBio, Nanopore
- Experienced leading small team of research technicians
References are required and will be contacted.
Arbor Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 years of NGS
Required work authorization: United States
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a pdf document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions and applications will not be discussed over the phone.